Sunday, March 8, 2009

Saturday

We painted…again. The mornings are getting pretty unproductive, I must say. It seems like the paint rollers are never clean, or when we do clean them we find them swimming in a bucket of water the next day. No one seems to know what paint goes where, or what paint is in each can. We also always seem to be out of the paint we need. With all this going on, it’s tough getting started in the mornings. A simple task of finding a certain color paint, a bucket, and paint brush can seem to drag on due to a feeling of total lack of organization. The kitchen was done though, and we were all working on the church, one part or another of it.

Eric, one of the guys with us was sick today. This was sad news for me because I bet that he wasn’t going to get sick till Saturday night or after. Me and Matt had made bets on when the food was going to get to him, mostly based on the knowledge that he had never been out of the country before. He kept blaming it on the salsa, but I knew the bet was lost. Oh well, he is still alive though, nothing but his body getting used to the food I suppose, in case you’re wondering about his health. Aside from that short stint, everyone was healthy the rest of the time there, thanks for the prayers!
After we went home and ate that night, we headed back to the church for the youth service. It was good being there and seeing so many young adults there. I must admit that I was getting a little tired at the service though. My brain tends to get tired much faster when I’m trying to keep up with what is being said in another language, even though they did have someone translating the sermon for us that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment